Full Job Description
Research and prototype new technologies to prototypes related to connected and automated vehicles:
Develop and prototype state of the art applications for automated vehicle research on vehicle.
Develop and implement localization, perception, and path planning algorithms to enable automated vehicle technology.
Research state of the art object detection and classification algorithms and implement them into the vehicle.
Interface, collect data and process a variety of on-board vehicle sensors and systems (e.g. RADARs, LIDARs, Vision sensors, RTK systems.)
Hands-on integration of robotics software technology into vehicle build.
Demonstrate new automated vehicle concept and applications in regular showcases
Join in internal/external brainstorming meetings to generate new application ideas.
Collaborate with internal departments.
- 2 years of directly related work experience, plus Degree
- Expert programing in C++ and proficient in Python
- Proficient in filtering techniques for sensor fusion and object tracking
- Experience in ROS
- M.S. or with emphasis on robotics/machine learning/machine vision/Sensor-Fusion
- GPU optimization for real-time processing.
- Excellent skills in perception algorithms development including object detection, segmentation (Machine Learning / Deep Learning).
- (Any of these) Automated vehicle, autonomous driving, Linux, RADAR, LIDAR, Vision sensor, C++, python, robotics, computer vision, sensor fusion, ROS
- Have a passion to create and try new ideas.
- Accept some travel and long hours on occasion.
- Willing to work on new and diverse technologies as opposed to developing perfection in one area.
- Permanent position, 40 hours/week
- Remote applicants are welcome